Florida is a fantastic place to enjoy time on the water on a personal watercraft. You have amazing sun during the year and can enjoy the ocean from the comfort of your boat.
But things don’t always go as planned on the water. You may find yourself in a situation where you get into an accident. No matter what type of watercraft you’re on, you’ll need help to manage the situation and receive compensation for the accident.
How Can a Boating Accident Lawyer in Tampa Help You?
Navigating the aftermath of a boat accident can be challenging. You’re dealing with legal issues and may have an injury to handle. It’s not a situation you want to deal with alone.
A Tampa boating accident attorney can help you file a personal injury claim and get compensation for the accident. Your attorney will examine the details of your case, determine who is at fault, develop a winning strategy, and help you get the best possible outcome.
Experienced legal help is especially important in more serious injuries—such as wrongful death. An experienced boat accident attorney can help you build a case that enables you to get compensation for your loved one and navigate complex legal processes.
Benefits of Hiring a Boating Accident Lawyer
Some boat accidents aren’t open and shut—meaning getting an insurance settlement will be challenging. Here is how hiring Tampa boating accident lawyers can help.
- Investigation help: Get help examining the accident to uncover details that will help your case.
- Paperwork support: Consult an attorney to understand the legal paperwork you must file to submit an insurance claim and challenge unacceptable results.
- Trial help: Work with an attorney to bring your case to trial if you don’t get a settlement from the insurance company.
- Prove fault: Gather information to prove fault in your accident to hold the other party responsible.
- Negotiation support: Have your attorney negotiate on your behalf to get a better settlement.
Our Process: What to Expect When Hiring a Tampa Boating Accident Attorney
Burnett Law has years of experience with personal injury cases, and in that time, we’ve developed a process to help our clients get results. Here is what to expect when working with us on your boating accident case:
- Free Consultation: Speak with a Burnett Law attorney about your case to give us details about your situation during a free case evaluation.
- Client onboarding: Hire Burnett Law to handle your boat accident claim and begin providing all information relevant to your accident.
- Case investigation: A Burnett Law injury lawyer will investigate your case to learn all the details and prepare the best claim to submit to the insurance company.
- Claim submission: Burnett Law will work with you to file your claim with the other party to get a settlement.
- Case negotiation: Burnett Law will negotiate a settlement on your behalf to get the best result possible.
- Trial preparation: If necessary, Burnett Law will prepare your case for trial if we can’t negotiate a reasonable settlement.
Why Should You Choose Burnett Law?
Burnett Law is a trusted and experienced law firm in the personal injury field. We have years of experience representing clients and helping them get the settlements they deserve.
Our personal injury attorneys will work with you on your accident case to develop the best strategy to help you deal with the insurance company, other boaters involved in the accident, and law enforcement—no matter what types of boating accidents you’re dealing with. We’ll fight with you until the party responsible for the accident is held accountable.
FAQs About Hiring a Tampa Boating Accident Lawyer
How Common Are Boating Accidents in Florida?
Boating accidents happen every day in Florida. Reporting shows that there were 735 boating accidents in Florida in 2022—an average of more than two per day. Although this number is lower than in previous years, the number of boater fatalities is higher than in the past.
Some of the most common causes of boating accidents were inattention and inexperience. Familiarize yourself with boat safety to operate safely on the water and avoid accidents.
What Is the Law in Florida for Boating Accidents with Injuries?
Florida law states that you’re entitled to compensation for medical bills if another boat operator was negligent during the operation of their boat.
Some common causes of negligence are boat owners moving at an excessive speed, not paying attention, and ignoring proper precautions. Some cases may be hard to prove, but you can file a claim and get compensation if you can.
What Should You Do After a Boating Accident in Florida?
Suffering from a boat accident can be a jarring experience. But if it happens to you, keep your cool and follow the proper procedures for an accident:
- Call the Florida coast guard
- Get medical treatment
- Document the scene
- Contact personal injury attorneys
- File your claim
Be sure to collect as much information as possible during this process. The more information you have to prove your claim, the better your chance of seeing a successful result.
About Our Tampa Lawyers
Our lead personal injury lawyer, Joshua E. Burnett, has over two decades of experience fighting for those who suffered injuries due to another’s negligence or misconduct. He focuses on getting each of our clients the maximum recovery possible.
In addition to personal injury, Mr. Burnett has experience practicing medical malpractice law. He also has represented thousands in property insurance disputes, making him an insightful attorney.
Mr. Burnett and our experienced team of personal injury attorneys are dedicated to fighting for your rights.
Request a Free Consultation with Our Experienced Tampa Lawyers
A boat accident can be a traumatic experience. Your life is turned upside down because of the accident, you need to deal with boat property damage, and you’re forced to handle any serious boat accident injuries you suffered because of the boat crash.
Having the right help on your side can help ensure you get the help you deserve. Request a free consultation to learn how our personal injury lawyers can help you settle your case.